What Makes for a Successful Wireless Ethernet Installation?
What is wireless Ethernet? Wireless Ethernet is the use of unlicensed or licensed spectrum radios uniquely designed with Ethernet interfaces, for reliable industrial M2M Ethernet cable replacement.
Here are 10 questions to consider when planning your next Wireless Ethernet System:
- How do the radios handle real world interference?
- Are the radios optimized to handle Ethernet packets?
- What’s the best way to design the project? PTP, PTMP, or Mesh?
- Is latency an important factor for the device(s) I am connecting?
- Will I need high gain directional antennas or will Omni antennas work?
- What are the trade offs between power consumption, frequencies, and throughput?
- What is the variance in wireless reliability with different types of obstructions?
- What are the pros and cons of wireless Cellular Ethernet vs. Wireless ISM or licensed band Ethernet?
- Is this an outdoor installation? If so, what type of radio enclosure will perform best year over year in harsh environments?
- What is the total cost of ownership and value of the solution I will be deploying.
At AvaLAN Wireless Systems, our team of engineers have over 20 years of experience developing and implementing Wireless Ethernet solutions for a wide variety of M2M applications including, IP Surveillance Cameras, IP Access Control, SCADA IP PLC, VOIP, IP Digital Billboards, and many others. Please contact us for all your industrial wireless needs. We look forward to working with you.