All About Spectrum Analyzers
A spectrum analyzer measures the magnitude of an input signal versus frequency within the full frequency range of the instrument. They examine the spectral composition of electrical, power, acoustic or optical waveform. The Spectrum Analyzer works by splitting a signal into amplitude and frequency component. From sub audio, audio and radio frequency analyzer, today, there are different varieties of Spectrum Analyzers to choose from.
Function And Basic Usage Of Spectrum Analyzer
- Frequency: Spectrum Analyzer analyzes the frequency of the spectrum.
- Peak Search: It controls the position of the marker to determine the peak of a spectrum and indicates the true value of power.
- Bandwidth: Used as a filter of resolution, Spectrum Analyzer measures the displacement in frequency
- Amplitude: It is used to determine the highest point of a signal strength.
Different Types Of Spectrum Analyzer
Spectrum Analyzer is a highly sensitive equipment used to detect and display incoming frequencies:
- Analog: Analog Analyzer uses a band pass filter to interpret spectrum.
- Digital: Measurement through Digital Analyzer is dependent on the process of Discrete Fourier Transform or DFT, which interprets certain frequency spectrum parts.
- Hybrid: It uses super heterodyne for conversion of signal to low frequency input and helps in studying the strength through Fast Fourier Transform (FFT).
Application of Spectrum Analyzer
- Acoustic Uses: In an Acoustic system, Spectrum Analyzer is used to convert soundwave into sound spectrum. The first acoustic spectrum analyzer was developed in the mid 19th century and played an important role in speech science, audiology research, etc.
- RF Uses: Spectrum Analyzers are used to measure the frequency response, noise and distortion in a RF circuit by depicting the difference between input and output spectra. In telecommunication, spectrum analyzers are used to track the transmission source.
AvaLAN Wireless is a prominent Developer and Manufacturer of Industrial Wireless Radios And Cryptographic Technology. Its offered products include Outdoor Wireless Ethernet, Wireless Ethernet Bridge, Wireless Ethernet Extender, 900 Mhz Ethernet Bridge, etc. Its products are widely demanded by surveillance video, access control, industrial automation, remote sensing and remote control markets. To know more, log on to http://avalanwireless.com/.