The Fundamentals of Omni Directional Antennas
Radiating and receiving RF Electromagnetic frequency in all directions in a plane, Omni Directional Antennas can be external and in-built. These antennas are widely used in wireless devices like cellular telephone set and wireless routers. The coverage pattern of the antenna looks like a sphere. For mid to high gain performance, in-built Omni Directional Antennas are used. If higher level of gain performance is required detachable antennas are used. These Wireless Antennas are available in several designs namely rubber duck, spider, ceiling mount, etc.
- These Antennas are the ideal choice for indoor implementations.
- Due to the uniform and predictable patterns, the Omni Directional Antennas are widely used for radio management and adjusting power levels.
- Better visualization of live radio frequency coverage maps and location tracking is possible with these antennas.
- Problems like ‘hidden node’ occur due to the improper use of directional antennas. These problems can easily be eliminated with Omni Directional Wireless Antenna.
- For uniform coverage over larger distance, these Wireless Antennas are the best choice.
- Majority of the wireless access points and routers have these Wireless Antennas due to their reliable performance and uniform coverage.
Different types of Omni Directional Antenna - There are different types of Omni Directional Wireless Antennas. Some of them are:
These Wireless Antennas help save money because with same gain they can cover more distance than other antenna types. Being a gain antenna system, greater coverage distance is provided by these antennas. Omni Directional Wireless Antennas are widely used for these numerous fundamental benefits.